Android Device Compatibility
With thousands of devices available on the Android platform, you can imagine that attempting to populate a complete list of supported Android devices and their unique limitations would be quite costly. While a list of this nature is not something can viably maintain at present, we do offer a free FiLMiC Evaluator app which is designed to reflect your device's precise compatibility with FiLMiC Pro, once installed. If the FiLMiC Evaluator is unavailable when searching for the app in Google Play, this means that your device is incompatible with FiLMiC Pro due to camera framework limitations (Why Isn't My Android Device Supported by FiLMiC Pro?).
Furthermore, we recommend customers immediately test FiLMiC Pro with their device once the app is installed. Google Play allows users to request a refund within 48 hours of a purchase, which should supply ample time to make an informed decision as to whether or not the application is right for you.
For convenience, here are some fairly recent compatibility notes pertaining to Android devices common amongst FiLMiC Pro users..
- Pixel 1 and 2 series devices are currently 100% supported by FiLMiC Pro with the exception of fully functional stabilization. Many users find great results with these devices when stabilizing footage in post.
- Pixel 3 series devices currently contain some instabilities at high frame rates and also exhibit some audio framework errors that become apparent when playing back footage on a desktop machine. We are currently attempting to work around these issues while Google continue to work toward proper repair via system updates. If you happen to own a Pixel 3 series device and are considering purchasing FiLMiC Pro, please test the app thoroughly within Google's 48 hr grace period to determine if its current functionality is suitable for your needs.
- Currently no access to Tele lens on any Samsung devices
- S10 Series devices do currently support third party access to the ultra-wide lens
- Frame Rate configurations above 30fps are not properly exposed to 3rd party developers leveraging the Camera2 API. We do attempt to force high frame rate configurations where possible. Please note that some features of FiLMIC Pro are restricted when utilizing high frame rates in order to support app stability.
- S9, Note 9, and S10 series device variants containing the Exynos chipset currently support 60fps at some resolutions.
- OIS is supported on most Samsung devices, but EIS is not properly exposed for 3rd party access.
- Some LG devices grant 3rd party access to all available lenses, including the Tele lens.
- Manual exposure functionality is somewhat limited, especially on older devices. For instance, LG G6 devices contain an error wherein shutter speed can sometimes match that of your selected capture fps, resulting in sporadic exposure shifts, even when locked. Additionally, some devices lack full independent control over ISO and Shutter Speed at some configurations. Under these circumstances, we replaced the standard Manual Exposure controls with an EV Slider for manual exposure adjustment.
- Due to camera framework and OpenGL performance issues, we are currently able to support only a handful of Xiaomi devices. Current supported Xiaomi devices include... MI 8 Explorer Edition, MIX 2S, MI 8 SE, MIX 3, MI 8, MI 9 SE, POCO F1, MI 8 UD, Redmi 7, Mi MIX 3 5G, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Mi 5s, MI 9, MI 5s Plus
- Some Xiaomi devices cannot support the Cinematographer Kit. Rest assured we are investigating possible workarounds to this limitation and hope to support the Cinematographer Kit on these problematic devices in the future.
- Most Huawei devices do not properly support frame rates below 30fps. As such, we do not offer 24 and 25fps configurations within FiLMiC Pro on devices containing this issue. Other 3rd party apps that offer these configurations do not function properly, and recorded clips actually adhere closer to 30fps whenever 24fps or 25fps is the intended target frame rate.
- In similar fashion to some Xiaomi devices, Huawei Mate 20 and P30 series devices cannot currently support the Cinematographer Kit.
- Due to camera framework and OpenGL performance issues, we are currently able to support only a handful of Sony devices. Current supported Sony devices include... Xperia 1, Xperia 10, Xperia 10 Plus, and Xperia Ace.
- Unfortunately, recent Asus system updates have weakened the camera framework on most of their devices to a point where we can't access reliable frame rate adherence. We hope they correct this issue soon. In which case we will be quick to reinstate support for more ASUS devices.
- The only Asus devices we are currently able to support is the Asus ZenFone 6 (ZS630KL)
- Many devices are prone to substantial chroma noise, especially in low light. Additionally, we cannot access frame rates above 30fps nor tele lenses on most OnePlus devices. We hope to see improvements in this regard from OnePlus in the future, in which case, we will be quick to offer better support for OnePlus devices.
- At present, we do not support OnePlus X nor OnePlus 5 devices (5t are supported, however) due to camera framework errors.